Bash is easily obtained on these systems and I think the extra functionality
available in post-Bourne shells ought to be allowed.  I also question how many
people are going to run tools on *BSD since most underlying analysis tools tend
to only target Linux.

That said, shell code should be restricted to Bourne-compatible syntax whenever
there’s no good reason to use non-Bourne features, e.g. if all you’re doing is
`export FOO=foo`, you should not be forcing the use of bash.  In cases where
bash really is required (say, you’re using arrays), the script should
explicitly specify '#!/bin/bash' (or '#!/usr/bin/env bash'?) rather than
'#!/bin/sh'.

—nate