On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Jim Johnson <johns...@umn.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> It's good news that the description field is available in tabular format.
> That has been the primary reason for using the xml format.

Yes.

> The tabular format allows use of the task parallel feature.

We already support parallel sub-tasks with BLAST XML
merge support - but yes this is simpler with tabular output.

> I think you have good default options for output format.

Great. I'll probably merge the c25 branch and push that
to the Test Tool Shed next week (adding the descriptions
as a new 25th column to the default extended tabular
output).

> But, I would think we should offer the option to get all available result
> information.   The multi-select checkboxes could serve that purpose.

OK, so adding a pick-you-own columns tabular output
would be useful :)

> Is NCBI good about maintaining the column position of their
> tabular over successive versions?

When picking the columns, the order is the order given
at the command line itself - i.e. we would control that
in the wrapper explicitly.

Regards,