Hi Neil,

I had some problems with this before too, so I created an tool config option a
long time ago in my own galaxy fork. Never really bothered with submitting it,
but it lives in these commits:

https://bitbucket.org/glormph/adapt/commits/4ba256a9b8782642429ecb5472a456584bed86d5
https://bitbucket.org/glormph/adapt/commits/86ec8b1cfeb737dfa31a1b6faf18d918bea7b4c3

I started implementing it in datatypes (first commit), but moved it to tool
config instead. If this is really interesting I guess I can submit a pull
request, but it felt a bit hacky at the time.

cheers,
—
Jorrit Boekel
Proteomics systems developer