Hello Dave,

I got interrupted before I could reply to the second suggestion from
Jorrit:

> Not sure about specifying the absolute path for the tool dependency dir,
>but I always use it.

using the absolute path of the tool dependency dir had no effect.

> Also, my env.sh neither has a #!/bin/bash shebang line, nor quote marks
>around the tool path.

Removed shebang, quote marks (these are in the wiki example): no effect.

> If you are in the hhsuite/default/ dir and source env.sh, can you then
>run hhblits yourself (as galaxy user, or whoever owns the tools)?

This helped: it looks like I had to specify an additional env variable
HHDIR to make it work. So definitely making progress. However, the error
was not that the executable was not found, but that HHDIR was missing.

I now know I have to use the env.sh

BUT: galaxy is not sourcing env.sh. That is my problem.

I am confused by your question: if I go with the env.sh solution, I am
assuming I do not need to create a 'default' directory and do not need the
<requirement> tag. Is this correct?

Isabelle