Before we go too much further down this path with dataytpes, I'm wondering if
some of us should put together a spec of some kind that allows us to all agree
on the direction.  For example, I'm wondering if datatyps should be versioned
and have a name-spaced identifier much like the Tool Shed's guid identifier for
tools.  I haven't thought too much about whether this would pose backward
compatibility issues or not.   Discussion is welcomed on this.

Greg Von Kuster