From: Dannon Baker [mailto:dannon.ba...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:00 AM
To: Sajdak, Doris
Cc: Galaxy Dev
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] galaxy won't start

Hi Dori,

If you haven't updated galaxy or manipulated the eggs at all, then it might be
an updated system python module interfering with galaxy's resolution of the
pyyaml we ship.  Can you try running galaxy from an clean virtualenv?
(https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer#Use_a_clean_environment)

If that's not it, or you'd rather try something else, I'd probably suggest
wiping out galaxy's eggs (or just moving the folder to eggs_backup or the like)
to force Galaxy to fetch all new eggs at the next restart, and see if that
resolves it.

-Dannon