From: Peter Cock [mailto:p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com]
Sent: May-24-16 2:29 PM
To: Fernandez Edgar <edgar.fernan...@umontreal.ca>
Cc: galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] not sure what I can do about this...

Hi Fernandez,

We saw something very like that with mixed versions of Linux, specifically our
Galaxy head node where pysam was installed had CentOS 7, but the node where
Galaxy was trying to run the metadata detection was CentOS 6. Unfortunately I
do not have a record of the exact traceback - but from memory it was the same
problem in pysam with gzopen64.

(We'd already fought problems with Python mis-matches, GLIBC versions, etc and
had carefully built Python on CentOS 6 in order to run on both CentOS 6 and 7.)

At this point we gave up, and will run the Galaxy node on the same version of
Linux as the Cluster - and plan to upgrade the cluster before the Galaxy node.
That way all the stuff Galaxy installs (e.g. via the ToolShed) ought to work on
the cluster.

Peter