Hi Jim,

You message was misthreaded (perhaps a reply to another thread, with just the subject line changed?), but I was able to dig it out.

A this time, there are no known issues with FTP Upload to the public Main server. Any issues you have have found prior were either related to a problem with the original file content (compression problem) or a transitory issue with the FTP server that has since been resolved (there has been a handful in the last few years).

The instructions to follow are here:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/FTPUpload

I am not exactly sure what your issue is, but any chance that you have more than one file per archive? That will certainly cause an issue, but usually with just the first file loading the remainder not.

Please send more details if this continues. Does the failure occur at the FTP stage or at the point where you move from the FTP holding area into a history?

Thanks!

Jen
Galaxy team