On vendredi 5 décembre 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> Here is the problem.
> I have an application which offers different languages to select from
> (English, Spanish, and Russian ATM)
>
> The problem is that when I select russian, I get this error that says
>
> This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort
> [31] Unsupported string conversion.
> Stock.AddPath.60
>
> This only happens when it is ran with the ru_RU locale.
>
> To see the error yourself, checkout a copy of the program
> svn co http://vinstall-ng.googlecode.com/svn/branches/iVL vinstall-ng
>
> Set the locale to ru_RU and execute the binary
> cd vinstall-ng
> LANG=ru_RU ./installer.gambas
>
> Please HELP

This error depends on the configuration of your system.

The Stock.AddPath() function is called to create a list of directories where
icons must be searched.

By reading the source code again, I noticed that when icon directories are
taken from configuration file, or configuration programs like "kde-config",
they are supposed to be in UTF-8, which may not be true.

Can you tell which desktop you use, which icon theme you use, and where the
icons are stored on your system?

--
Benoit Minisini