Earlier this week I was given an excellent definition oh Hungarian Convetion
naming ie the h in hObjects.

Could someone either point me to a resource in plain English or explain to
me in plain English the Datatypes?

Integer
Long
Short
Array
etc...

this is what I found on the documentation:

Datatype        Description     Default value   Size in memory
Boolean         True or false.  FALSE   1 byte
Byte    0...255         0       1 byte
Short   -32.768...+32.767       0       2 bytes
Integer         -2.147.483.648...+2.147.483.647         0       4 bytes
Long    -9.223.372.036.854.775.808...+9.223.372.036.854.775.807         0
8 bytes
Single  Like the float datatype in C.   0.0     4 bytes
Float   Like the double datatype in C.  0.0     8 bytes
Date    Date and time, each stored in an integer.       NULL    8 bytes
String  A variable length string of characters.         NULL    4 bytes
Variant         Any datatype.   NULL    12 bytes
Object  Anonymous reference to any object.      NULL    4 bytes
Pointer         A memory address.       0       4 bytes on 32 bits systems,
8 bytes on 64 bits systems.

For a novice like me I have made assumptions for the past year that turned
out to be wrong and I would like to make sure I grasp what this is saying
and not assume I do.

Thanks
JB