jbskaggs ha scritto:
> Thank you,
>
> I shall search more.  One of the problems I find is that many of the terms
> have multiple meanings for example their meaning in mathmetics does not
> always equal the definition in gambas or basic and basic terms do not always
> match
> terms in other langauges so that finding meanings in wiki or google makes it
> hard- especially when I dont know which one applies.
>

> A good example:
>
> I was trying to find a command that changed the position in the order that
> components were drawn-I found that the command .raise did that- but I had
> previously thought the command raise meant to "raise the event flag".
>
> English is not the best language to program in- or speak for that matter
> because the words have so many different meanings in different contexts.  It
> wasn't until I learned  a little Greek in bible college how imprecise
> English is unfortunately it is the only language I speak with any
> understanding.

Uhm... I don't like English, just like you, but perhaps you are too much
critic. There are very precise words in English too, and "Raise" is one
of them. If you put a control on the top of another, then you are
effectively raising it; the fact in gambas RAISE has also another
meaning is not an English fault (and nor a gambas one: think at raising
an event like to throw it in the air, waiting for someone else to catch
it. This figurates what the things actually are).

Don't be in a hurry - take your time and you will discover, day after
day, that for programming english is as good as many other languages,
and in this very moment English is the mean by which you and me communicate.

If you have questions about gambas, try to post: someone will reply and
clarify things.

Regards and cheers,
Doriano