Hi,

What is exactly happening. I use F11 and running gambas2.13.1

As I never used postgresql before I prefer mysql but never mind.

I tried to use the example "Picture Database' and changed to postgresql
by opening the main forms code and uncommenting the postgresql part.

It did not work - but I realized that postgresql was not installed.

So I installed postgresql and postgresql server by

su
yum install postgresql postgresql-server

then once installed i ran
code:
        chkconfig postgresql on
        service postgresql initdb
        service postgresql start
endcode:

to make sure it was started i ran
service postgresql restart

I ran the example again but still no luck, but after some digging I
found this.

Need to change this file to 'trust'

as su
code:
        gedit /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
end code:

find this section

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               ident sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          ident sameuser
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser

and change ident to trust like so

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust sameuser
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser

Restart postgresql
code:
 service postgresql restart
end code:

I tried again and now I can connect.

So have a look at your setup. Fedora may have the rpm packages set up
wrong but they do all work i.e they are complete. Just make sure you
have the gambas db component installed

Tell me how you get on.

Steven