2009/11/23 Rob <sourceforge-raind...@kudla.org>

> On Monday 23 November 2009 05:07 pm, Vackoy wrote:
> > I think is an excellent idea but i don't know if it is possible.
> > Sorry my ignorance but what is an ecma-script code??
>
> ECMAscript is the language used in web browsers as "Javascript" and in
> Flash applets as "Actionscript".
>
> I don't really think crosscompiling Gambas code to Javascript makes any
> more sense than crosscompiling Gambas code to Java.
>
> Rob

Hi Rob, there's a big difference, crosscompiling Gambas code to Javascript
will allow you programming in Gambas and running your applications in any
modern browser, without the overload of Java.
That's the idea behind of GWT [1] or Pyjama [2], and I can assure you that
both are good project, and GWT is very succesfully and is making me thinking
of migrate some of my gambas applications to a web interface, even if I have
to use Java (which I wouldn't say it's a language I love) to do the user
frontend.
More and more, everyday, users love the web interface, even if the
application is not  a real web interface. I.E: a small daemon running python
with the twisted framework providing the user interface in javascript in the
browser is prefered to  a real desktop application. At least in the schools
world where I spend most of my time.
Regards.
José L.

[1] http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/