On 04/07/2012 01:51 PM, John Spikowski wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 17:10 +0100, John Rose wrote:
>> Has anybody heard any more re porting Gambas to Android?
> The ScriptBasic project recently ported ScriptBasic to Android Linux

There's also BASIC+SQL, also GPL, installable from the Market.. er,
Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfo.basic&hl=en

http://laughton.com/basic/

I haven't done much with it because I'm comfortable with Java for
Android development, but it seems to work, it's another option for BASIC
devotees, it seems to be implemented in Java (no NDK) and apparently
will allow you to build stand-alone APKs of your programs which you can
offer through the Market.

No GUI designer, as far as I know, but I don't think any other free
Android BASIC has one yet either. (There are a number of commercial VB
clones for Android, but I don't think any of them have gotten traction
yet... if someone like Real Software did one, maybe it'd happen.)

Rob