Le 06/04/2013 17:06, Ron a écrit :
> Revision #5598 and #5600 made Gambas3 stable.
>
> But one thing I noticed it when it runs for a few days and I stop it i see
> this:
>
> gbx3: warning: 35 allocation(s) non freed.
> How can I check what they are?
> Run valgrind?
>
> Regards,
> Ron_2nd.

This is a memory leak in the interpreter or a component detected by the
interpreter.

Alas valgrind won't help there.

It's the most difficult bug to fix.

The most important is trying to reproduce it reliably. If you can, then
just explain me how. But I guess you won't be able, so let's go the hard
way: recompiling the interpreter by enabling memory allocation debugging.

To do that, edit the /share/gb_alloc.h file at line 29 to replace
"#define DEBUG_MEMORY 0" by "#define DEBUG_MEMORY 1".

Then recompile and install the interpreter.

Then run your project: all allocation routines will generate a trace on
the standard error output. To put them in a file, run your project that way:

$ cd /path/to/DomotiGa
$ gbx3 > gbx.out 2>&1

Then wait until you stop the program and get the non-freed allocation
warning, and send me the 'gbx.out' file. Beware that it may be big!

Benoît Minisini