On 12/01/2014 02:35 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Maybe an Oct$() function inside the interpreter. Octal is normally not
> needed with Gambas. Do you have any use of that?

Perhaps only occasional use, but, yes. Stat.Mode returns the mode of a
file as a decimal integer which is not very intuitive for someone used
to working with CHMOD with octal numbers. Oct$(420) --> 644

A while back I looked at the interpreter's source and it appeared that
one conversion function (was it bin_hex?) was structured to allow for
different conversions. But, it also looked as though there was no more
room in the jump table. However, IIRC, those were actually conversion
functions and not formatting functions.

Perhaps Format$ could allow for eg. Format$(mode, gb.Octal), or to
follow what you originally proposed: eg. "Util.Oct$(mode) As String".

--
Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."