>> Email's still in the frakking DARPANET ages. <<

I tend to agree with you. However getting the entire world's electronic
population to change would a daunting challenge. Perhaps if one was very
dedicated, aggressive with unlimited resources it could be accomplished
after a suitable period of time (maybe a decade or so). In the interim
period we must learn to work with what we have at hand.

cheers,

Lewis

P.S.
If anyone decides to take on the challenge please address the following
issues as well:
Microsoft Outlook proprietary RTF based email format
Extra line spacing in HTML formatted emails
Embedded picture in any number of email systems
Email Spam
Email viruses
Email Trojan horses
My poor spelling