Le Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:06:44 +0100, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerh...@gmail.com> a écrit:

Configuring the execution of a CGI script has nothing to do with Gambas,
it's purely a specific web server configuration thing.

again in same place, starting from zero! and reading the cgi principes!
arrrgggg!

does any body know how to configure the gambasforge[1] project in webserver?

[1] http://www.gambasforge.org/forge.html

Here is an extract of the Apache configuration for the GambasForge website.
It's a bit messy (We were young :) ), but the important parts are the "ExecCGI" options, as well as the "AddHandler cgi-script .cgi" extra file handlers.

Currently, this configuration only enables the use of the CGI scripts, and then we use an .htaccess file with a whole bunch of RewriteRules, so we have pretty URLs (such as /forge.html) to point to the main.gambas.cgi executable. Here is an extract :

        #forge
        RewriteRule   ^forge\.html$ main.gambas.cgi?section=forge [QSA]
RewriteRule ^mail\.html$ main.gambas.cgi?section=forge&action=sendmail [QSA] RewriteRule ^categorie\-([0-9]+)(?:\-[a-z0-9\-]+)?(?:\-page\-([0-9]+))\.html$ main.gambas.cgi?action=categorie&section=forge&id=$1&numpage=1 [QSA] RewriteRule ^code\-([0-9]+)-ajoutercommentaire(?:\-[a-z0-9\-]+)?\.html$ main.gambas.cgi?section=forge&action=addcomment&id=$1 [QSA]

And then, you can check the section and action parameters in your application to show the right page. :)

Hope that answers some of your questions. :)
Adrien Prokopowicz