http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1101&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by zxMarce:

(sorry for the delay in replying)

Hehe... you're right. But I also quoted IBM's ODBC docs for its DB2, and you
can also check Easysoft's excellent C tutorials at
http://www.easysoft.com/developer/languages/c/odbc_tutorial.html. Speaking
about Easysoft, I myself made a command line ODBC tool to connect with
ConnectionStrings and run queries in C with Easysoft's tutorials... And I
absolutely suck at C. That good are those tutorials!

Also, in case you didn't know, Microsoft was one of the leading forces behind
drafting ODBC, as this quote from Wikipedia says:

"ODBC was originally developed by Microsoft and Progress DataDirect during the
early 1990s, and became the basis for the Call Level Interface (CLI)
standardized by SQL Access Group in the Unix and mainframe field."

So by using their docs you know that that is the standard. Well, at least
theirs... They suck at Windows (and OS making and privacy respecting in
general), yes, but they sometimes pull nice tricks off their hats like ODBC.
And that is not the only standard they helped draft.

But anyway both MS and IBM (at least when I read the docs to make the Gambas
component work again) were kind enough to mark clearly any deviations or
differences from the standard in their ODBC docs.

Hope that helps,
zxMarce.