http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1101&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by PICCORO LENZ MCKAY:

for close this bug, we need >
* or update the gambas wiki documentation (please all languajes)
* or provide better handle of the rs.count that perdon me, its very confuse
provide such method and no retrieve desired results

the gambas documentation said http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/result/max
that returns rs.cound -1 but the rs.count return -1 so this always return -1..

as ZXMARGE said many odbc layers does not provide mechanish to count and offer
those values

if there its the case, and some implementations are planned this must be market
in the wiki or let open this bug for now.. i'll watching it!

I noted a obvous problem here! too many mysql here! my-poor-sql its not the
only DB in the world!