Hi Simon,
Cricket 97 is no longer available, but I wonder if anything can be done. You
needed a sighted person to click through the menus, but it was accessible in
some ways:
1. Batting was actually quite easy, since it sounded like a normal cricket
game when it bowled. The only problem sometimes was taking runs, but I
normally just ran 1. Sometime the ball would take long to be thrown in, so I
could have run another, but other timesI iether just made it, or got run
out. Bowling was hard, since you couldn't set where you wanted the ball to
land, however, we saw that if you kept on pressing the bowl button, it would
bowl a decent ball. Nearly all my wickets I got from runouts, since when I
heard the guy hit the ball, I kept on pressing ctrl, and either up or down
(for the wickets on both ends). Sometimes, the ball would be hit to my
fielders, but since I couldn't aim the bowling action, hardly ever bowled a
guy or got him LBW.
Because it was so easy to bat, good sighted players would make ridiculous
scores of 800 +, while I'd manage around 1500-200 (one thing to mention is
that you can bat in 8 different directions, so I randomly picked a
dirrection, it didn't depend on the ball).
The new cricket games are nearly unplayable, since, even though you have the
bowling sound, now it's so reliant on hand-eye coordination and now the shot
you play is dependant on the ball.
Ari