Hi,

I think that you should make a real-time, one-ship game first since we
already have a turn-based one.
End quote
 it needs improving and all, but
That seams to be the most practical solution I have heard yet. Then
again it won't be STFC, but another ST game. Now, if we go with the
realtime one ship game we have 5 ST series to think about we have the
TOS series, Voyager, Enterprise, TNG, and DS9. All of them have
different abilities, and in some cases different enemies.
Voyager would be very interesting as there are all kinds of different
races to fight Kazon, Borg, Swarm, Species 8742, and anything else from
the delta quadrant. Only problem is I don't have any of the effects for
the delta quadrant races. In fact, I'd have to watch some shows to here
some of the races effects to try and recreate them.
With DS9 yeah we would obviously have the Defiant, and then we could do
the Klingon war or the Dominion War, or fight various enemies through
out the galaxy.
With TNG they were never at war at that time, but there are conflicts
with the Borg, Romulans, House of Duras, etc which we could play upon
and make missions centered around those conflicts.