Hi Thom,
They say that variety is the spice of life. So variety it is.

Rich
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Ward
  To: gamers@audyssey.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:27 PM
  Subject: [Audyssey] A quick STFC 2.0 question.

  Hi all,
  I've been doing allot of thinking about STFC 2.0, and I have decided
  personally to redesign STFC 2.0 as a strictly TNG game. This means the
  ships, bases, etc will be based on the STING series.
  However, I have one question about this. On TNG they often attempted to
  show off the new Galaxy class such as Enterprise and Yamato, but often
  as not most of the ships seen on the show Hood, Magellan, Repulse, and
  many others were based on the older Excelsior and Myranda-class designs.
  The Ambassador-Class also made an appearance or two.
  So the basic question is would you like your entire fleet comprised of
  the Galaxy-class, or would you like the fleet to be more realistic being
  made up of various different ships with different weapons payloads,
  speeds, shielding sensors, etc.
  Personally, I think the mixed fleet is more interesting.  With the fleet
  being mixed up it completely changes the tactical situation. An
  Excelsior could easily face off with a Cardassian being of the same
  general weapons payload and speed, could probably handle Klingons, but
  would be really out gunned when taking on Romulans and Borg.
  The Galaxy-class being the top-of-the-line for the series would of
  course be the best for taking on the Romulans and Borg. Better
  shielding, phasers, speed, more torpedoes, etc...
  What do you all think.