FYI:  They are captchas, not captures.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Solving Captchas was Anymore RPG Games?

Hi charles.

Speaking as someone who regularly gives spambots the heave ho on a forum without! captures, i can say they aren't necessary if the moderators are doing their jobs, since the best way of getting rid of spambots is just give them the boot when they turn up, and while they do turn up fairly regularly it's certainly not more than any reasonable person can handle.

then of course there are the logical alternative methods to captures. I've seen several systems which ask you an obvious question from some info on the website, for example in Kingdom of loating for the forums your asked questions about the game's character classes, while for another forum I joined for an rpg you were asked the name of the land the game took place in.

So, even if people do! want an automatic way to stop spambots, there's no reason it has to be these stupid bloody captures that are inconvenient for most people and actually inaccessible in audio form.

Btw, I used to actually be an advocate of audio captures, since google's old ones were quite usable, --- sadly not anymore!
Beware the Grue!