Hi Dark,
 The reality is that you'll rarely have enough goods for everything. Especially
early on, you'll find they slip away quickly. Trade is one way to get more,
both permanent routes and one-off sales. Exploration, too, can net you plenty,
though it's also pretty dangerous.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Enjoy,
Zack.