Hi Bryan,

Yeah, Zaxxon ruled. I loved that game. I use to hook our Atari 2600 up
to our 80 inch TV, yes we had one, and can remember how cool Zaxxon
looked on the big screen when I reached his world to fight him. He
must have been two or three feet high on that TV, and the extra
resolution allowed me to find out right where to hit old Zaxxon to
blow him up Lol.

Another game I enjoyed a lot as a kid is Pop-Eye. It was not much of a
game in terms of game standards, but I use to love going around
grabbing cans of spinach, eat one, and them go beat up Bluto and throw
him into the water below.  Every time I rescued Olive she'd give
Pop-Eye a kiss. Simple but fun game for kids.

Another children's game that was cool was Smurf Rescue. I would jump
over these grassy areas that would kill my Smurf for some reason, and
then come to this big scary chasm with bats around. Jumping that chasm
was tricky because about half way across a bat usually got me. Anyway,
once I made it to the castle I had to jump onto this big ugly skull
and free Smurfette. Once I did the game would end with her giving me a
kiss.

The more I think about it the more children's games I can  recall that
could easily be converted to audio games. There were tons of family
friendly games in the 80's like Smurf Rescue that was aimed at kids,
but could be entertaining enough for mom and dad too. Probably the
best example of this would be Mario Brothers as it was aimed at kids,
but had wide appeal for all ages from little gamesters, to video game
nerds,  to mom and dad.

Cheers!