Hi Charles,

Yes there is. The thing to understand about Windows 8 here is
Microsoft is basically combining the desktop and mobile editions of
Windows into a single product. Windows 8 is being deployed on a wide
variety of handheld and touchscreen devices like tablets and smart
phones as well as netbooks, laptops, and desktop PCs. The reason the
user interface was radically changed was for the migration to
touchscreen devices. The idea being the interface you have on your
smart phone will be the same on your desktop as well. I can't fault
them for that.