Hi Dark,

Actually, there is an important difference here. When you press
alt+control+o to launch Outlook Express it launches a new instance of
the program. What makes pinning programs to the Task Bar special is if
the application is running pressing the hot key for the application
will immediately take you to that open window instead of launching a
new instance of the program. So if you have Internet Explorer and
Notepad open, and they are assigned to Windows+1 and Windows++2, you
can jump back and forth between them by pressing those hot keys
regardless of how many other windows are open or how many other
programs are running on your Task Bar so its not the same old thing in
a different form Its actually more useful as it serves a duel
purpose..

Cheers!