Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know Microsoft had scrapped a lot of the
Windows Arrow junk in Windows 8 but given the way it runs I'm not
surprised. Windows 8 is way faster than Windows 7.

I took a Toshiba laptop that was built in 2011 with a 1.5 GHZ duel
core AMD processor in it, 3 GB of ram, put Windows 8 on it and the
increased performance was amazing. It boots twice as fast as Windows
7, and programs launch much much faster too. I've noticed at looking
at my over all system usage its using less memory as well. So I'm
pretty happy with Windows 8.