Hi Chris,

I'll agree the new SAPI voices on Windows 8 are fantastic. I agree I
wouldn't recommend a new Windows 8 user purchasing the Ivona voices
since the new SAPI voices are good enough. However, many people like
myself purchased a Windows 7 64-bit machine a year or so back, and
since the only 64-bit voices available on the system at the time were
Anna I got some of the Ivona voices to replace Anna. Now, the
situation is very different, but I will still use the voices I
purchased as well as the new Windows 8 voices. :D

Cheers!