hmmm I like the ease of the windows gui especially the xp gui, the 7 gui is fine the 8 gui is a bit of a squeez but I guess I could manage it.
yeah I am still a dos boy at heart.

At 08:20 AM 6/1/2013, you wrote:
Hi Jim,

Sounds to me like you are a tried and true Dos fan. While I grew up
with Dos in the 80's and early90's I still prefer the ease of use of
the Windows GUI as I don't have to type various commands like cls,
del, dir, and so on. However, as I said before I think this is
personal preference.

I know, for example, there are some people on the Linux Speakup
mailing list that do not use Gnome and the other graphical desktops
for exactly the same reasons. Many of them started out in MS Dos and
then switched to the Linux command line because it offered them an
environment they were comfortible with such as typing ls to list the
files in a directory, cp to copy a file, mv to move a file, rm to
delete/remove a file, etc. If asked they would say that text based
apps like the Nano text editor, the Lynx web browser, media players
like mpg123 were easier to use than their graphical counterparts.
While I might disagree with them it really comes down to their
personal preference and what they are use to.

Bottom line, I don't think such people are weird just different. I
think the same of your use of old Dos bat files etc. You aren't weird
just different.