Hi Jim,

Yes, you can still search for a part of a file name, and of course you
can use wildcard characters like a star to substitute for letters and
numbers that might change such as foot*.wav to search for all the
sounds from foot0.wav to foot25.wav etc. If you bring up Windows
Search with Windows+f you can tab to the directory tree view and
select  which directory to begin searching etc. So I'd say the same
functionality is there in newer versions of Windows but it is slightly
different from XP and earlier.