Hi Jim,

Well, assuming you did get the source code I doubt it would do you
much good. Most interactive fiction  games are written in a language
such as Inform, AGT, or Tads, which are pretty different from VB 6.
I'm not even sure you can really call them programming languages as
they are basically just scripts that get compiled into a data file
that gets interpreted by an interpreter program. If you wanted to
rewrite it in say VB 6 you'd basically have to rewrite it from
scratch.

That said, I've been nooddling a few ideas for my own interactive
fiction games and am trying to decide if I want to write a command
interpreter or if I want to have menus like in your Dungeon Master
game. Menus are better in a way, because it takes all the guess work
out of the game and you merely have to select the right command from a
list. At the same time it can be a lot more work, because the bigger
and more complex the game the more items that can and will appear in
your menus which takes more time to develop.