Hi Jim,

Sure, that makes sense. Interactive fiction games is largely centered
on creative writing, and if a person doesn't have good creative
writing skills, an active imagination, then it is going to be very
difficult to come up with a decent text adventure because the creative
writing and imaginary world is what makes or breaks a good interactive
fiction game. Anyone can come up with a decent card or board game as
long as they know how to program, but not everyone has the skills to
come up with a decent storyline for an interactive fiction game
complete with puzzles, good characters, and to create it in such a way
that a gamer will want to play it more than once.

I must confess I've had some issues with that myself over the last few
years. When I was younger say my teens and early 20's I was constantly
coming p with ideas for stories, coming up with ideas for games, and
use to sit and write short stories all the time. Now, that I'm in my
mid 30's for some reason when I sit down and try and rite a short
story or come up with an interesting idea for a game I draw a complete
blank. Not quite sure why, but I've tried my hand at writing some
interesting interactive fiction games only to discover I just don't
have the concentration and focus required for building an interesting
imaginary world like I use to.