I'm aiming to create a multi-level (multi-stage?) fps game. I plan to have a central location between stages, and each stage will have it's own map(s). I'm hoping to create a 3d game (similar to swamp in navigation). I plan to have about 15 different types of terrain, and will probably end up manually creating the map files, with numbers to designate the type of terrain. As far as movement goes, I'm thinking of storing x and y in ints, and possibly creating timers to tell when the character changes coordinates. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle angles though.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:42:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] looking for programming advice: cyntaxdifferencebetween bgt and java

Hi John,

As I indicated before it all depends on exactly what type of game you are writing, and what exactly you want to do. If this is just a 2d side-scroller than you can get by with declaring a couple of variables to hold your coordinates. Basically, just an x variable to hold your horizontal movement and a y variable for your horizontal movement. However, if you are thinking of an FPS where you will have 360 degrees
of movement then we will have to work on building at least a trig
based system of movement which isn't complicated to do.

I guess before I can really answer your questions maybe you can give us an outline of the game you want to create in BGT. Once you give us a basic outline of what you plan to do we can give you the best advice
possible.