Hello

   yeah it figers. well it sounded like a good idea oh well.

bfn
James

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:24 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Warning! virus on audiogames.net website

Hi James,

Yeah, it was available in most stores back in the late 90's.Best Buy,
Comp U.S.A.,  Electronics Boutique, etc all carried it as well as
department stores like Walmart had it. However, for some reason it
didn't last too long. I think Microsoft, shall we call them
Microshaft, probably put an end to the Winblows software by
threatening to sue them into the ground like they always do with
anyone and anything that remotely borrows the Windows trademark.

For example, a few years ago a developer came up with a novel idea of
merging Windows and Linux into the same operating system and called it
Lindows. They took Linux as the core OS but wrote a custom Windows
emulator on top so it would run Windows flagship applications like
Office, Internet Explorer, etc on top of Linux. Plus the desktop
looked a lot like MS Windows too. Of course, the idea was probably too
good. Microsoft and their lawyers descended on them like a pack of
lions and sued Lindows into the stone age. long with them having to
change their name to Linspire certain elements that made the OS
attractive to a Windows user such as the Windows look and feel had to
be scrapped in order to comply with copyright law. However, I digress.

Anyway, I am not sure what happend to the Winblows games, desktop
themes, etc but I am pretty sure Microsoft shut them down. Although,
it was funny while it lasted. LOL.

Cheers!