which brings up the question of switching all products over to the newer systems as soon as possible. I aggree that is as likely as to happen as I suddenly seeing but still, thats basically what needs to happen.
but you are right about it just working.
While I have got down to using what I need in the newer system easily there are just those things that run nicer in the older system.
I have also had faster startups with some older supposed to newer systems.

At 10:03 AM 9/13/2013, you wrote:
Exactly my point when it comes to switching from XP. Developers aren't going to develop for a platform that their customers don't use. The majority of blind gamers still use XP because they like it, it works, and there are products that we have already bought that work on it. Those products may not work with the new Windows platform which is not as blind friendly to operate.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A Note to XP users

Hi Josh,

I think you are missing the point. A lot of the people don't want
Windows 8 so why would they go to New Egg or Blair Technologies and
get a laptop and put Windows 8 on it?

As for Android Tablets I have tried one out, I like it, but the fact
of the matter is Android acccessibility is still very basic, not up to
iOS standards, there aren't many games for it, and developers aren't
going to write games for a platform with few potential customers. Not
if he or she is trying to make money at it.

Cheers!