will it work with ubuntu linux?

sent from my vinux4 linux laptop

On 10/04/2013 04:06 PM, Philip Bennefall wrote:
Hello Josh,

Yes, our primary marketing efforts are focused on mainstream companies, but we consider it very important to get the word out into the blind community as well that this engine is being prepared for release. We figured that here, if anywhere, would be a great place to get creative ideas regarding a system like this which is so focused on the auditory experience for the player.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh" <joshknnd1...@gmail.com>
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Upcoming technology for game music rendering

are you gunna market it to sighted people like sony playstation and such?

sent from my vinux4 linux laptop

On 10/04/2013 01:34 PM, Philip Bennefall wrote:
Hi all!

I have been rather silent for the last few months, and the reason for
this is that I have been incredibly busy. I and a colleague of mine,
Kristofer Eng who is a professional composer and musician, have been
working on an engine that makes video game music as dynamic and
adaptable as a film score. The only difference, of course, is that the
player is the one controlling the music in real-time. In short, the
system we are developing allows the music to follow the player's every
action to create a completely dynamic score.

We are now going towards a 1.0 release, and so I wanted to show an
audio demonstration of what the engine is able to accomplish at this
time. Of course I won't be able to go through all the details of it
since it is a rather complex system, but the demonstration I am giving
will hopefully give you an idea of what to expect when the 1.0 version
is released in the first quarter of 2014.

The audio demonstration can be found at:
http://www.eliassoftware.com/audio/elias_audio_demo.mp3

Elias stands for Elastic Integrated Audio System. The website is not
yet created, but the system is fully functional and we are spending
the remaining development time fine tuning and optimizing the
functionality and performance. The engine is cross platform, and is
intended to work on anything from desktop computers to consoles to
smartphones.

We are planning a licensing scheme where you are able to use the
engine for free for non-commercial projects, and if you are a small
independent developer we will have a very inexpensive shareware
license available. We will also offer add-ons such as ready to use
music themes composed to suit the characteristics of the engine, as
well as professional one-on-one support.

Kristofer and I would be very happy to hear your thoughts, feedback,
suggestions, questions, etc. We are open to new ideas, and we hope
that the system will set a new standard for how music is rendered in
mainstream and audio games alike.

Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall