Hi Dark,

Agreed. I wouldn't consider a mad scientist as being particularly an
indicator of a game being a Halloween and horror game on that basis
alone.  There has to be something more to it such as monsters, evil
creations,  or other aspects that makes it a part of the Halloween and
horror genre. Shades of Doom is creepy enough do to the music and evil
sounding monsters to classify it as such.

Cheers!