Hi Dark,

Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember if Terraformers used
that movement system or not, but I do know I have generally found it
lacking in action games as you apparently have as well.

It is okay in certain games like Entombed where it really does not
depend on real time game play. In Entombed you move around in real
time, but when it comes to actual combat that is turned based which
works out rather well for that style of game. However, in other games
like Self-Destruct or Night of Parasite I just found that top-down
perspective a bit funky.

Of course, part of my complaint is the same one you yourself
addressed. Too many games fall into the hear it/hit it mentality that
gets pretty old after a while. I want more games where you have to
think about your attack more and have more ability to move around and
attack from different angles and positions.

Cheers!