Hi Nicol,
No, Arizona Smith is a man not a woman. You probably didn't play James
North's version of Montezuma's Revenge, but Arazona Smith was in that
version and has made a come back in the USA Games version.
As for what Arizona Smith sounds like listen to Smith's death sounds in
Monkey Business. James North was using many of the same sounds in Monty
as Monkey Business so in some regards they do sound similar. Although, I
have swapped some sounds out for better ones.
Hope this answers your questions.