well then if its that way and I don't doubt you on that one then the blind gaming market should fit in with the smaller developers.
It seems the way to go in any case.

At 10:28 PM 12/11/2013, you wrote:
Hi Shaun:

Well, yes and no. If you are talking about PC games produced by big
name studios you are right. There is a lot less of those these days
because all the major big name studios are almost exclusively
developing for XBox, Play Station, or Wii;. However, there is a lot
more games for the PC than you might think.

First of all the method of buying and selling them has drastically
changed over the last decade. Back in the 90's if a company had a big
name game like Quake, Doom, Civilization, etc you went to your local
computer or gaming store and purchased it on CD. Now days, the
majority of game sales are done online through services like Steam.
You can now pay for the game online and download it straight to your
PC without having to go out and purchase it on physical media like CD
or DVD. This has drastically changed the way game developers do
business with PC gamers.

Since most PC gaming is either online based or is available through
the Internet there are hundreds if not thousands of amateur
independent game developers who are selling games online through Steam
and other services. Big name corporations simply have no desire to
compete with all the competition out there and focus on the major
gaming consoles and have left the PC gaming to small independent
studios. That is why in terms of PC gaming you won't find much in
retail stores like Walmart, Best Buy, K-Mart, etc but if you go online
you will find hundreds of new titles for the PC produced by
independent developers.

One thing I have noticed in modern PC games verses big name mainstream
titles for consoles is their surprising simplicity. What I mean by
that is if you look at where the big mainstream companies are heading
they are getting more and more complicated all the time, lack depth,
and overwhelmingly  focus on pushing the graphics technology to its
fullest. The independent PC developers tend to be focused on small but
simple games like what we had in the 80's and 90's with better
graphics and sounds. In short, they are more interested in the actual
game play than obsessing over graphics, sounds, and so on.

To give you an example one game I heard of recently is called Jewels
or something like that. Basically, there are Jewels falling down out
of the sky and you have to quickly move around the game collecting
them, or so I have been told. This sounds like something straight out
of the Atari days, but obviously the graphics and sounds are way
better.  Never-the-less the game is getting good reviews and HP and
other PC manufacturers are shipping demos of it on their laptops as
part of their trial software.

Another game that has gotten some attention of late is called 3D
Mahjong or something like that. Unlike classic Mahjong instead of
tiles you have square blocks and you have to spin the blocks around
and fit them together into a 3d puzzle. It is obviously more difficult
than classic Mahjong, but  its simply a case of taking a very old idea
and making it better without overly complicating the game.

The point I am getting at here is that PC games do exist, there are
more than ever, but they aren't necessarily available through your
local store. If you want them you need to go online to Steam and other
places where they are sold. The days of buying a game for your PC  on
CD or DVD is about gone. It is all downloadable media now, and the two
games I mentioned aren't very big to begin with. These days with high
speed Internet downloading a game that is 25 MB tops is not a big
deal. Even if you purchase and download a game 10 times that size it
is still not that much of a problem for most people so the Internet is
where all the PC games are now.