Hi Charles:

I have a feeling this is something we won't agree on, but let us take
a different tact here. What is it about braille that makes it so much
better than the alternatives?

Let us start with your first example. What is it about playing with a
physical deck of cards when playing Solitaire that is so much better
than an electronic version of Solitaire?

In my opinion the experience is worse. When trying to shuffle the
cards I frequently drop them, don't get them shuffled right, or I have
them laid out on a table and the blasted cards end up getting mixed up
when bumping the table and I have to go back and fix the piles. Plus
with physical cards the braille tends to wear out after a while and
need to be replaced. None of these issues are problems with a computer
version of the game. So I would like you to explain what I would get
out of a deck of braille cards that I can not get out of a computer
game besides the annoyances?

In terms of labeling I actually do braille things only because I
happen to have the equipment and the means to do it. I have a braille
labeling gun which comes in handy for labeling DVDs, music CDS, and
other things around the house. If I did not have that label gun I am
certain I would use something else like a talking barcode reader or
something.

I think what it boils down to is I am not attached to braille, never
have been, and it doesn't mean anything to me personally. I can use it
if it is available, but otherwise I will happily use something else.
Someone older who has used braille all their lives probably are less
interested in finding a newer way of doing things when what they have
works for them personally. So I don't think it is a case of one being
better than the other but a matter of preference, but I am interested
to know why you are so in favor of braille when it seems to me to be a
worse solution than other technical methods of accessing the same
info.