Agreed, It's really liberating to know that you will *ALWAYS* have speech when
you need it.

This was actually the reason a friend of mine now has a Mac (and has had one
for years now) as well. He lost speech on his only system which was Windows XP
/ JFW at the time, and I just did not want to have him going through that
again. So I told him about how one can completely set up and do much low-level
system customization all on one's own without the need for sighted help if one
chooses.

Fortunately, he agreed that the Mac scenario was far better and now has a
Macbook Pro and loves it.

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ModelCara

On Dec 15, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Draconis <i...@dracoent.com> wrote:

Fortunately, in over 8 years of being a Mac user, I have never had to resort to
a sighted person for help. It’s one of the advantages of ditching Windows. :)