I guess my beef is with the classification rather than what they do. It is "sports entertainment", but nonprofessional tactics are allowed in a sport, that sport is not professionally done, and I expect a professional sport to be professional.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] professional wrestling - Re: The Psychology of First Person Shooters

Hi Teresa,

Exactly. The big companies like the WWE don't even pretend to treat
wrestling as an actual sport or  claim that the competitions are real.
They call pro wrestling sports entertainment which basically
emphasizes the fact it is entertainment like a sport but is not really
a sport the way football, basketball, etc is. It is if anything, as
you said, just some mindless fun watching some burly guys or a couple
of hot women tossing each other around the ring for a while
occasionally using a foreign object like a steel chair to knock out
the opponent for the win. It is all for show and is all for fun. Leave
it at that.

Cheers!