When I used to watch the wrestlers on TV, they would use something to cut the opponent, break chairs on heads, put the referee out of commission, and stuff like that. This is not wrestling.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] professional wrestling - Re: The Psychology of First Person Shooters

Hi Charles,

To be honest this sounds like another one of your categorical
statements without evidence or reasons to back it up. Why exactly do
you think professional wrestling is not wrestling?

The reason I take issue with your opinion is this. I have been
watching or listening to professional wrestling for 30 years and have
watched AWA, NWA, WWE, TNA, WCW, etc and while there is certainly what
you call "artistic stunt work" involved many of those professional
wrestlers use the same holds and  moves you would find in amateur
wrestling. I use to watch amateur wrestling matches such as high
school wrestling, it is different, but not so different that pro
wrestling should not be called wrestling. The main difference I see in
pro wrestling is the companies like WWE fix matches, write storylines,
and of course use a lot of flashy moves that are for show along with
traditional wrestling holds and throws. Where with amateur wrestling
nothing is scripted and the wrestlers win or lose by skill alone. So I
am just interested to know what your opinion is based on.

What they do is artistic stunt work, I think. Although it is an art form,
and some wrestling moves and holds are used, it is not wrestling.

---