To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] other Accessible Iphone games was: Re:Disappointing news about starbase orion

There's always applevis.com for  looking up accessible apps.

HtH,
teresa

Slow down; you’ll get there faster.

On Mar 4, 2014, at 3:03 PM, dark <d...@xgam.org> wrote:

Well Darren, unfortunately with the Iphone I'm limited in terms of finance, sinse I don't really want to start buying aps to find they're inaccessible and then be in a position of trying to get cash back from Apple, which is why i've tended to go on a basis of contacting developers of Aps which people have tried and found partly accessible, and then talking nicely to developers (and as you will notice in cases such as star traders this has paid off).

I also find that where on the pc i can usually predict whether a game has some hope of being accessible, on Ios I can't. Many aps which my gut says should! be accessible for some reason don't turn out to be. just the other day I downloaded something calling itself "aliens text adventure" and another thing calling itself over live, zombi text rp adventure but Vo couldn't get a hoot from the screen at all.

the only thing I found readable was a game calling itself Surviver z, which looked quite intreaguing, but was so incoherent in the way vo interacted with it's layout I had no idea where to begin formulating a structured idea of what the game would need to be accessible so never bothered contacting the developer.

Similarly, several gamebook aps I've tried such as Tinman's seem heavily graphical and have a hole bunch of unlabled controls, so many in fact I couldn't even start the gamebook itself, though in those cases I probably ought to start contacting developers, sinse choiceofgames certainly aren't the only major gamebook developer for Ios and it'd be great to get some of the others in accessible mode if possible, particularly those like Star breed which seem to have some rp elements too.

All the best,