Hi tom.

If those computer consoles, radios and other noises weren't there I would find shades much harder to play sinse as I said it's just those sorts of landmarks I use.

I also make use of the coordinates system. If for example I want to know which side of the large pillered hallway I'm on in stage 2, I use the coordinates.

I also use direction facing not to try and orientate myself with where I am in terms of a larger space, but to determine certain places to remember. For example if I remember rightly the corridor in stage 3 with the gelatinous blob and the toilet is a long passage heading east and most of the passages of it go south.

This is funnily enough exactly how I navigate in real life, indeed sinse I've recently got the blind square ap for my Iphone which will tell me what I am passing in shop terms, what direction I'm going and what street I'm on it's quite remarkable how many of the skills translate across.

Then again, I dread to think what fiendish mazes David has built into shades 2.0 so I might end up having to eat my words on navigation :D.

Beware the gruye!