Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:43 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game taste was: Re: regarding temporal disturbance

The music was interesting, sinse those atmospheric choso city background
thremes weren't much on their own, but could get dam creepy if you were
crawling up a wall to one unexplored corner of a huge cave, or not knowing
when a metroid was about to jump out at you. I also love the bit in the
queen's laire where you suddenly get a musical sting then the theme starts
with extra echo, just before the metroid hatchlings come after you.
According to some faqs I've read this is where the metroid counter which
counts how many metroids you need to kill suddenly goes up with the
hatchlings, though I can't see the counter myself.

even though the game only had four different types of bosses accepting the
queen, the different places you encountered them could be quite surprising.
One of my favourite fights for example is when your dropping down and a gama
metroid literally pops up in mid air, you then have to fly up with the
spacejump and try to land on one of the few ledges in the room where you can
nail it.

That one can be tough, though what I did this time was fly up a bit, get the
metroid to chase me down to the floor then fire upwards and murder it from
the ground :D.

Beware the grue!