Hi Bryan.

Lol, that's quite funny about the ice beam. Amusingly enough, when I first finished the game when i was 16I had the same thing happen, I got a hatchling munching my brains. I ended up wandering all the way back through the omega zone and through all the shafts to that room in the previous choso city which has a choice of all the beams in the game and picking up the ice beam then trecking all the way back.

needless to say I was very narked when I discovered there was another icebeam over the other side, indeed I only realized it was! the icebeam because when I kept getting the item pickup jingle and nothing happening I asked my dad to read the screen and when he read "ice beam" I really kicked myself :D.

Beware the grue!